A Little Song, a Little Dance, a Little Seltzer Down Your Pants.

Photobucket


The Aging Disco Diva is back on the dance floor. The granddivo arrived about a month earlier than he was supposed to and was released from the hospital two days after his coming out party, and then re-hospitalized for a few more days . Thankfully he is back home groovin' to the oldies (which for him would be whatever was on the radio a week ago, LOL)




Chuckles the Clown goes to that Clown Car in the sky



Photobucket


Well, not quite Chuckles, but Bozo the Clown.



Photobucket


LOS ANGELES—Larry Harmon, who turned the character Bozo the Clown into a show business staple that delighted children for more than a half-century, died Thursday of congestive heart failure. He was 83.

His publicist, Jerry Digney, told The Associated Press he died at his home.

Although not the original Bozo, Harmon portrayed the popular clown in countless appearances and, as an entrepreneur, he licensed the character to others, particularly dozens of television stations around the country. The stations in turn hired actors to be their local Bozos.

"You might say, in a way, I was cloning BTC (Bozo the Clown) before anybody else out there got around to cloning DNA," Harmon told the AP in a 1996 interview.


Photobucket


Dear lord, cloning clowns...that will keep me up all night long. The Diva hates clowns. If there is a hell, it is not populated with red creatures with pitchforks, it is run by clowns.... scary clowns...


Photobucket


Wait a minute, that is redundant...all clowns are scary. REALLY, really scary.


Photobucket


Clowns creeped me out when I was a kid. I am so friggin' old I remember Bozo the Clown on WPIX back in the early 60s...shudder... and then Steven King just solidified my clown phobia with his book "It" The television movie just put onto celluloid my deepest horrors. Thanks a lot Mr. King.





So to you Bozo: A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants...and please don't come to visit me tonight...


Photobucket


For the rest of you: enjoy this classic Chuckles the Clown clip from The Mary Tyler Moore Show aka "Chuckles Bites the Dust"





"Life's a lot like that. From time to time we all fall down and hurt our foo-foo's."

R.I.P. Bozo

Photobucket

Have a great holiday weekend!

Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. You're way ahead of me on MTM. That's exactly what I thought of, after I had this ungrateful thought: Bozo the clown was still alive last week?

    I thought he died a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi... there's another very easy tag that will give you two techie points per successful tagback. I tagged you @ http://mckhoii.com/archives/152 please respond. It is so easy promise! Go blogs bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your granddivo is ok :)

    And I don't mind clowns... but I don't think they are funny. Except for the clown car. Last time I watched a clown show I laughed so peed myself a little at the car. I don't know why... I just likes some clown car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back - so glad to hear the good news about Granddivo :-)

    I was a teenager when Poltergeist came out, and my best friend was a creep-show-nut. She scared herself silly watching Poltergeist over and over, then in turn had me check under the bed for clowns every night. I don't like them much either now.

    ReplyDelete