First You Say It, Then You Do It...





Bill Cosby had a cute routine about mothers' obsession with clean underwear: "If you ever have an accident, I hope you have on clean underwear" The punchline was it does not matter if your underwear is clean if you are involved in an accident because you will sheyat them anyway

"First you say it, then you do it"




I had an extreme flying phobia that stopped me from getting on a plane for over 30 years (I had been a passenger on a plane that was involved in what is quaintly referred to as a "Near miss" I think "Near hit" is more accurate)





I did finally suck it up, put my big girl panties on (and consumed a hefty amount of Xanax and liquor before even hitting the airport) and flew back home for my parents 50th wedding anniversary three years ago. A little over a year ago I flew back again to be with my dad on his final life's journey. I still needed adult beverages but was able to substitute subliminal recordings and meditation for most of the Xanax. I will never really ENJOY flying but the phobia has definitely been conquered (thanks to Law of Attraction and Positive Thinking beliefs) I can state right now with 100% certainty though that if I was on the flight shown in the clip below, my clean underwear would be clean no more.... and not only would I have dropped dead of a heart attack--everyone seated within 7 rows of my seat would have drowned in the wave of excrement that would have spontaneously flowed from my terrified body!












Wildcat News

Tonight is Senior Night

Kansas State (18-10, 8-6 Big 12) closes out its home regular season schedule on Tuesday evening, as the Wildcats celebrate Senior Night by hosting Colorado (11-17, 3-11 Big 12) at Bramlage Coliseum at 8 p.m. CT. The squad will be looking to snap a four-game losing streak, including its first loss in Bramlage Coliseum in 2008. The four-game skid is the longest drought for the program since dropping six in a row from Feb. 2-19, 2005. The team has posted a 13-2 record at home this season, including a 6-1 mark since the start of league play. A win against the Buffaloes would enable the Wildcats to tie two other squads (1998-99 and 2006-07) for the most wins in a single season at Bramlage Coliseum and most at home in Big 12 play.

Prior to the contest, the school will celebrate the accomplishments of its four seniors - David Hoskins, Clent Stewart, Blake Young and James Franklin. Stewart, who ranks among the school’s career top-10 in four categories, is completing his fourth and final season, while Young and Franklin are finishing up a two-year stint after transferring from junior college. Hoskins will be honored on Tuesday despite the fact that he should be applying for a sixth-year waiver from the NCAA following the season. He has been out the entire 2007-08 season with a knee injury. The quartet will look to become the first K-State team to advance to the postseason in back-to-back seasons in almost a decade (1997-98 and 1998-99) and the first to advance to the NCAA Tournament in 12 years since the 1995-96 season.

Tuesday’s contest will be televised regionally on the Big 12 Network via ESPN Plus (KMCI - Kansas City; KSNT - Topeka; KSAS - Wichita) with Dave Armstrong (play-by-play) and Reid Gettys (analyst) calling the action. The game is also available nationally on the ESPN Full Court package. It will the fifth of six appearances on the network and one of a school-record 29 televised contests.





The Diva is excited that her beloved Wildcats will be playing this evening, but sad that we will be bidding our four awesome seniors goodbye.




Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

  1. I hate flying. I'll do it when I must, but I do not like it one bit. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ok with flying...haven't done it in a while though.

    I do LOVE that Bill Cosby sketch...in fact I think Hubby and I caught it on tv not too long ago and couldn't stop watching it even though we've seen it a gazillion times before. "Dad is great...give us chocolate cake!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Grace, I love that skit too, but the one that made me laugh the hardest was:

    "An elephant went under Dad's chair!"

    "Did you see it?"

    "No, but it lifted Dad up 'bout two feet!"

    ReplyDelete