The Streak Ends! Wildcats Win.


I know I said that I would not be posting this evening but the Aging Disco Diva is lit up like Christmas tree...I spent the greater part of this evening screaming my head off, pacing like a woman possessed and consuming adult beverages as I watched my Wildcats BEAT our much hated rival. Damn that sounds good. There is no way I will be able to fall asleep for hours... I am still on an adrenalin high. I cried like a baby at the end of this game. Only a fellow Wildcat could understand the depth of the pain we have suffered for the last 24 years. In fact I tivo'd the game and am watching it again. Hell, I might watch it two or three times before I go to bed.

Final score KSU 84 and KU 75...and that was despite some really crappy refereeing. Beasley was practically violated several times during the game and nothing was called. For once though, I will admit that KU actually had SOME calls made against them and Bill Toupee Self about flipped his rug several times.

And oh yeah...Remember Ole Snake Oil Huggins? The coach who left us in one year after promising us he'd stay forever? His team played tonight too... and got their arses kicked 62-39 by the team that fired his butt before we hired him.

Karma is a bitch Bob


Michael Beasley scored 25 points, Bill Walker had 19 and No. 22 Kansas State ended a 24-year, home-court losing streak against Kansas with an 84-75 victory Wednesday night against the previously unbeaten Jayhawks.

Always double- and sometimes triple-teamed when he touched the ball inside, the 6-foot-10 Beasley was held to only eight points in the first half but scored six in a row in the first few minutes after intermission and No. 2 Kansas never caught up.

Beasley, the nation's leading rebounder and No. 4 scorer, was 4-for-4 from behind the 3-point arc as the Wildcats (15-4, 5-0 Big 12) took over first place in a Big 12 conference they've never even competed in, let alone won.

Kansas (20-1, 5-1), two victories short of matching the best start in its storied basketball history, lost on its state rival's home court for the first time since 1983. The 24-game streak in an opponent's home gym came within one of tying the NCAA Division I record which UCLA set against California from 1961-68.

The capacity crowd of 12,528 in Bramlage Coliseum, where Kansas had been 19-0, sensed the victory with more than 5 minutes to go and security guards, worried about a near-riot, moved near the court.

It didn't keep the floor from being flooded by delirious Wildcats fans, who jumped over the press table and sent reporters, computers and notebooks flying.

Read the rest here











No comments:

Post a Comment