Shake It


The Aging Disco Diva is going to have to make this a brief entry. My coffee machine went belly up today right after breakfast and I was involved with conference calls and phone meetings until after 5pm so I was unable to get my java fix. I love having a job that lets me work in my pajamas (yes, those jobs do exist for a lucky few) but the downside is that I have no one around to run and get me a latte. After chewing a few handfuls of espresso grinds to tide me over I headed to the store to get a replacement. My first pot full was injected directly into a vein and the fog is slowly lifting but I am still a bit woozy.

The book club will meet again next Tuesday (I think Tuesdays and Thursdays will work fine for our chit chats)




Today’s gossip

Today was a slow gossip day. There were the usual “does she have a bump?” rumors centering on Angelina Jolie. The buzz is that she is expecting twins. I might be in the minority in the gossip world, but I really like Angelina. She was a wild child but really settled down and is using her celebrity for good causes….as opposed to say Britwreck, who thinks that flashing her cootchie and letting her boobs hang down to her belly button is a worthy cause.


I used to have a thing for Mel Gibson…I really lusted after the guy, but I wish he had learned to STFU about ten years ago (and had stopped smoking—Mel, baby—those cancer sticks are not helping you to age gracefully) I guess, according to what I read today, that he and Heath Ledger used to be tight but that changed when Health accepted the role in “Brokeback Mountain” We know Mel is no friend of David, and evidently no friend of Dorothy either. Bigotry is such a turn off Mel.





Amy Winehouse has gone into rehab…. again. Amy is sorta' the British version of Britney…except she actually has talent and her husband is so skanky he makes Amy look good…. as opposed to Brit who is so skanky she makes K-Fed….well, you know….



They’re tryin to make me go to rehab
I said no, no, no
Yes I been black, but when I come back,
You wont know, know, know






Sometimes it is hard to remember with all the bat sheeyat crazy stuff she has been doing that Amy has a hell of a voice:



Wildcat News

"Kansas State (13-4, 3-0 Big 12) returns home to the friendly confines of Bramlage Coliseum on Saturday afternoon, as the Wildcats play host to Iowa State (12-7, 2-2 Big 12) at 5 p.m. The contest will begin a stretch of four home games in a five-game span, including back-to-back contests against the Cyclones and No. 2 Kansas. A win would give K-State at least 10 home wins each of the last seven seasons.

A victory on Saturday would be a historic one for the Kansas State program, as it would represent the 1,400th in school history. The Wildcats, who rank 47th all-time in victories in NCAA Division I with a 1,399-1,016 (.579) mark, would become the fifth Big 12 program to accomplish the feat, following Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma and Missouri.

Saturday’s contest will be televised regionally on Fox Sports Midwest (DirecTV 648, Dish Network 446) as well as nationally on the ESPN Full Court package with Ben Boyle (play-by-play) and StanWeber (analyst) calling the action. The department announced on Thursday that the three remaining games on FSN Midwest will now be available on ESPN Full Court, allowing more fans across the country to enjoy these games. It will be the eighth of 10 appearances on the network and one of a school-record 29 televised contests. The team is 16-1 over the past two seasons on FSN Midwest"

If you hate sport videos with sappy music (Or Right Said Fred's "Stand Up For the Champions) then you might like these K-State videos created by Catlab2000, I really enjoy watching them, but be warned, I love Eurotrash music and listen to it while exercising every day and these videos definitely feature that type of music.... Some of the visual references can only be fully enjoyed by the Wildcat faithful:











Well, that is about it. Here are some more funny videos to help you pass the time:



Tom Cruise Scientology-Constipation Video







…I can never get enough of these funny clips. Well the intravenous espresso drip is about done, time to get another one started.

Have a great weekend, and of course....GO WILDCATS!!!

1 comment:

  1. To be fair, Mel Gibson's publicist has called that gossip item a "complete crock of s***" and Mel's good friend Robert Downey Jr has taken multiple gay roles over the years.

    ReplyDelete